Mobile phones have changed the way we live. Without it, we feel like we’re missing an arm or a leg. Ever wonder what the most used function of the 3.8 billion active cell phones across the entire world? If you’re like 91% of the smart phone owners, texting is what you do most.
Ever text someone in your own home because you didn’t feel like getting up? I know, same here.
We put together texting facts and statistics to make you realize that you’re missing out on opportunities in your sales strategy and throughout the customer lifecycle journey.
- Text messaging have a 99% open rate.
- 96% of marketers using text messaging say it's helped them drive more revenue
- 80% of the global population will have mobile phone by 2025.
- SMS through a universal standard known as Rich Communications Services (RCS) is interactive and you will see many technological advancement with this platform in the next 5 years.
- The first text sent was December 3, 1992 and it said “Merry Christmas”
- RCS makes text messaging as engaging as WeChat, WhatsApp, and other messaging apps while providing the reach of SMS & MMS.
- RCS Business Messaging (the term used by the mobile industry for rich business-to-consumer messages) will help organizations of all sizes benefit from creating truly branded conversations across networks and sent to any device.
- The average consumer has their phone on their person at all times, which makes text message marketing one of the most versatile ways to market anything.
- Billions of people and thousands of businesses connect via text messaging.
- 75% of consumers love receiving text messages from brands once they opt-in.
- Over 50% of consumers will make a purchase when text messaging is part of the sales strategy
- The number of smartphone users worldwide today surpasses 3.5 billion.
- China, India, and the United States are the countries with the highest number of smartphone users.
- In 2018, wireless users exchanged two trillion text messages.
- Texting has become a part of everyday life for most people, so much so that 1 in 5 can’t imagine life without it.
- In 2019, the number of mobile subscriptions was estimated to pass the eight billion mark for the first time.
- Email open rates are at an all-time low at 20% while texting are at an all-time high at 99%.
- Companies who have SMS marketing in their sales strategy will likely convert 40% more than companies who don’t.
- 300 million consumers in North America use text messaging.
- 70% of consumers wish they could directly access a companies sales team.
- 15 million texts are sent every minute.
- 22 billion SMS messages a day.
- Rich features like payments, high-res photo & file sharing, location sharing, video calls, and much more, are delivered to a device’s default messaging app.
- As of 2007, users were sending more text messages than phone calls
- You have an opportunity in your business to be cutting edge because 70% of companies don’t use text messaging in their sales strategy. The number is decreasing as consumers find it more challenging to reach a sales agent over the phone.
- A sales agent can handle many customers at once with text messaging while a sales agent can only handle one customer at a time over the phone.
- Over 80% have used text messaging for business purposes.
- 95% of companies who have implemented text messaging in their sales strategy would recommended to an entrepreneur friend.
- 8 of 10 consumers wish they would receive opt-in promo codes for future purchases.
- 90% of texts are read within 3 seconds, and nearly a third (29%) are responded to.
- My mom is even texting and she still can’t work the television remote. Enough said.
As you can see, text messaging is not going away. Our platform gives you the ability to connect to multiple decision makers in the same conversation. Textodog is a perfect fit for Real Estate professionals, banking, financial services, travel sales and many more. It’s kinda like a group chat you have with your friends.
With Textodog, real estate agents can add a couple looking to buy a home in the same conversation.